Friday, March 02, 2007

Teamwork

According to oxford, teamwork mean the combined effective action of a group.

Wikipedia defined it more clearly as a concept of people working together cooperatively, as in a sports team.

As for me, I defined it as a group of people that have same hobby and dream moving towards a same direction.

Case 1:
The company said "Let us fight for a 100 million sales this year, by our teamwork we can do it". The director looking at the 100 million money, but the worker looking at 100 million job. So it will fail and not to mansion about teamwork.

Case 2:
The company said "Let us fight for a 100 million sales this year, by our teamwork we can do it and if we achieve it, I will share 1% of the profit". This time the director looking at the 100 million money, and some worker looking at 1% profit but some still cleaver enough looking at the 100 million job. So it have some changes to success. From here we can see the effect of teamwork.

Case 3:
The company said "Let me be your partner and we fight for a 100 million sales this year, by our teamwork we can do it. We share whatever profit that we make this year". This time, the director and the worker are looking at the 100 million money. So it mostly will success.

Same dream, same direction, that what I call teamwork.

A joke from internet
There were four people named
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and
Everybody was asked to do it.

Everybody was sure Somebody would do it,
Anybody could have done it but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that, because it was
Everybody's job.

Everybody thought Anybody could do it but
Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody
when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

7 comments:

  1. Teamwork? Profit Sharing? Incentives? ALOOOOOOOO....u and me both know that this will only happen in our dream right? no way in hell that they are going to give us profit sharing/incentives/watchamicalit bro.....not even if we touch 500 million in sales. TEAMWORK u say? yup...been there and done that...and got rewarded with some Super Fucking Excellence Award, sitting on my fucking arse for 1.15 minutes listening to some cockamamy speeches.
    I value teamwork like hell...but it also depends who I am teaming up with....certain parties are 110% steady, certain parties are just a waste of your trust.
    By the way, I heard that next year I will get The Super, Super Double Fucker Excellence Award and the prize is...Tanjung Golden Village Fucking Cinema or Golden Fucking Screen Cinema and a trip to Hawaii for me and my 2nd,3rd and 4th fucking wife!
    Thats truely how I feel like now bro....after the fucking dinner....btw, this is the last time I will be attending shit like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry typo error...its 1 hour and 15 fucking minutes instead of 1.15 minutes...ON MY FUCKING ARSE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:59 PM

    fuck team work.

    team work is only useful if individuals can't finish the project on time and properly, then only we need teamwork. Otherwise fuck teamwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha, both of you need to be cold down. like it or not, people are making billion sales with this word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius....what u say is very,very true...there are people making billions in this world out of "teamwork" but at whose expense?
    For me the terminology for the word teamwork is too ambigous for us mere mortals to comprehend but easy for those whose sole aim is to profit, benefit or improve by making use of others.....don't u agree bro?

    Note : Cutie also has a strong point there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to set matters straight before its misunderstood....let it be known that I have no animosity towards the person who took home the LCD TV...to me he really deserves it and I respect him for the hard work shown.
    I also respect others who has shown the same commitment and hard work but was not shown due recognition.
    I am pissed off not because of the award thingy...I am pissed off by the nature it was conducted...I know many present felt it as well cause I could see it in their faces. Neways, whats done is done....2 every1 his/her own!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:22 PM

    also....the $ from damn awards is not worth all the attention and red eyed monster created within the company.

    ReplyDelete