Friday, July 31, 2009

Toh Principle

One day, my natural enemy, Mr. Toh, told me that based on his study and observation, he had concluded the following principle which named after his surname, Toh Principle:

When the ratio of sohai is drop below 1.5, the performance will drop


Before I explain the Toh Principle, I would like to clarify the meaning of sohai in this theory.

Sohai is defined as individual who is giving output without counting the return or input. These individuals are against the law of physics because most of the time the output over input is above 1. Therefore, it does not obey the conservation of energy.


Class, may I start to prove Toh Principle?

Ok, lets start.

Performance is defined as power, which is total works over time taken, therefore

Performance, P = Work (W) / Time (T)

From Pareto Principle, we know that 80% of the works is done by 20% individuals in an organization.

Let assume that, the ratio of sohai in an organization is x, and we substitute these informations into the formula.

P = W / T
= 80% works done by 20% individuals and the remaining 20% works done by the remaining 80% individual
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
80% of the 20% individuals' time and 20% of the 80% individuals' time

P = 0.8/0.2x + 0.2/0.8x
-------------------
0.8*0.2x + 0.2*0.8x

P = (17/4x) / 0.32x
= 13.3/x^2

We know that there are seven days in a week, but due to that we all are human and we need rest, (even God rest on Sunday), therefore, the maximum working time we can have is 6 days per week.

Therefore,

6 = 13.3 / x^2
x = sqrt(13.3 / 6)
x = 1.5

Therefore, you need at least 1.5 ratio of sohai in an organization if you need to maintain the smoothness of a task. If the ratio is drop, more time is needed and causing delay in the completion of the task.

Hereby, Toh principle is proven to be truth and nothing but the truth.