Sunday, March 16, 2008

Team building

Just finished 2 days team building at Genting Highland. I heard the course is very expensive. Not sure why my director want to spend these money for it. For sure he got his own reason, only time will tell us the truth.

Back to the team building course. I have to admit that the speaker is a great speaker (that why the fee is so expensive). As usual these kind of course will be very similar to those self-help books that I read. Anyway, just want to share some points will you all.

1. Work for fun, not for money.

If you read all my blogs, you will know that I or most of us are applying this now. If I had chosen to work for money, I think I had left this company for long time ago, and I will never stop changing my job. However, I think the speaker hide some terms and conditions from us. The above statement will only be valid if and only if;


i. You are not over underpaid.
ii. Someone (especially the management lever) appreciate you contributions to the company.


Based on the two conditions that I mentioned above, we can conclude that money is not the only factor in keeping a worker, indeed it's one of the main factors. It also told us that money is one of the most effective way to show gratitude and appreciation to the worker.

2. Work as a team

In the other word, it mean teamwork. So far I had to admit that not everyone is in the team or even some are in the team, they are more like a parasite to us. Anyway, I glad that I able to name most my colleagues and their role in the team.

... think more we and less I in daily work.


The main obstacle in building a team is that most of the people only want credit but not shit. Some people are very good at taking credit and some are very good at making shit, and some is very good at cleaning the shit. Who are going to be awarded is depend on how cleaver is the boss.

3. Love your colleague.

Ok, need to thank for my colleagues for giving me "I like you" card. Sometime, we like someone even though they look like a gangster. Basically, we like someone not because they are handsome, pretty, rich, high post, etc, but because we can accept the attitude of that person and you feel safe when working with them.

Well it's enjoy to have this course and have fun with the colleagues after the company trip although I'm sick these few days maybe due to consume too much of alcohol :)

14 comments:

  1. sigh.....wish i also can attend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Ding, i think your boss want to wash your brain la hahaha

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:35 AM

    After the course, i realize that, the working elephant has to accept non working elephant as a team. they can continue to push the responsibility to us, we must help up.
    This is called team work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha... See... It is work!

    Last time, ding keep complain...
    Now, ding diam-diam liao...

    Hahaha... ding where is your destination, WAKE UP!!!!!

    :P I KNOW YOUR TRICK FRAKIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:40 PM

    TITAN,
    We are all in the same team.
    Call it what you want(eg brainwash, etc etc) but to me you are just a OUTSIDER who is jealous how well KJ appreciate and treat all its staffs.

    SO STFU LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. toh, maybe you should replace me.

    titan, i think you forgot that my iq is 180.

    one of the worker, i didnt said that :)

    titan, too busy la brother.

    anon, kiss my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:44 AM

    Ano, i am not jealous, not point for me to jealous. It is the fact. hahaha Sorry la if i hurt your heart hahaha... anyway, I am open minded one... want to shoot me... use your true name la.. dont put Ano hahaha show me your ball. hahaha

    Sorry again... I am so rude hahaha

    ding, busy apa? when you want to treat me a drink? call me ok

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:35 PM

    Titan,
    I am KC Lee. Lee Kok Choon. Operation and Maintenance Department Manager.

    Ding,
    Don't want to kiss your ass but don't mind putting it in higher position.

    Terence,
    I wish you could as well. Only if you are still in KJ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:09 PM

    Titan,
    Who are you anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:43 PM

    KC Lee's Edison Kang 's friend???

    I think so...

    Hahahaha I am Chun Hiang!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoah, KC good to know that you're a Maintenance Manager. I am also in Maintenance but not a manager. I hope to become manager in the future. But right now i feel lost and hopeless in this maintenance position. Perhaps you can give me some guide so that i can become better in my job and hopefully become a Maintenance Manager like yourself in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:18 AM

    KJ a lot of manager liao

    How about Ding? Control/Automation Manager??

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm a deadwood at this company only. not worth to mention my name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:07 PM

    The training was a good experience. I would feel more like a gathering session between members inside the company. It was fun and enjoyable i must say.

    Remember team work is all about 'give and take'. LOL

    1) one party 'give' the work and the other party just 'take' the work.

    2) the party 'take' the work and 'give' it to another third party.

    BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THEY WILL NEVER GIVE U THE GLORY.

    PEACE..... :P

    ReplyDelete