Friday, June 10, 2011

How much you should be paid?

Recently I start to wonder how much I should be paid. So, I google my question and I found the answer from Kelly Services' salary guide 2010/2011.

On page 25, second row, electrical & instrument engineer, degree holder, with 4-6 years of experience, the salary should be between RM4500 - RM6500.

Then I search for my current post, engineering manager, but somehow they don't have this position. The nearest position is lead electrical engineer, where his job function is to lead a team of engineers in design base environment. Quite close is it? So, how much he should be paid?

On page 24, first row, a degree holder with 8 years working experience, the salary should be between RM7000 - RM12000.

Ok, now is the serious part, before I become a manager with more than 6 years of working experience, my salary is much lower than the lowest paid of E&I engineer; and now I am a manager but my salary is still lower than the lowest recommended paid of lead electrical engineer.

So, when my company said they have adjusted our paid based on the market rate, it's just bullshit!




5 comments:

  1. Congratulate to you :)

    Based on ur experience u should pay more than RM12k. I will shout it out to your boss, should i?

    as i know, your computer 9 over 10 are manager, who will do the site stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. voon, i am a self-manage manager. from massage people's ball until go site clear shit all included. somemore need to clean people shit also. so, can help me tell my boss, ask him to increase my salary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure, u can ask ur boss to increase ur salary. Who is ur boss? Mr. Ng? let me talk with him ok?

    but, when you plan to treat me ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SK Ding, i admire you very much for the loyalty to the company. Others in similar position as you would have packed their bags and left long ago to greener pastures. But you didn't. You should take pride in that. It means that you can survive and preservere even in such difficult circumstances. Therefore you have managed to leap pass the challenges and succeed in your aims. You have progressed from engineer to now manager level. You're just 34 years old. Many people do not become manager until in their 40s of 50s. You should be proud of that. I assume that although your salary even now does not reflect your experience and contribution to the company but your allowance does. So take this silver lining and look forward to your future in your current company. You have subordinates to look after, it is best not to discouraged them by letting them know that their salary is below market scale. Let them find out for themseleves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I work for money, I will be jumping around the Market to get better paid. Don't worry, I treat my job as a hobby, just I hope they understand that I need to makan also.

    ReplyDelete