Friday, June 10, 2011

How much you should be paid?

Recently I start to wonder how much I should be paid. So, I google my question and I found the answer from Kelly Services' salary guide 2010/2011.

On page 25, second row, electrical & instrument engineer, degree holder, with 4-6 years of experience, the salary should be between RM4500 - RM6500.

Then I search for my current post, engineering manager, but somehow they don't have this position. The nearest position is lead electrical engineer, where his job function is to lead a team of engineers in design base environment. Quite close is it? So, how much he should be paid?

On page 24, first row, a degree holder with 8 years working experience, the salary should be between RM7000 - RM12000.

Ok, now is the serious part, before I become a manager with more than 6 years of working experience, my salary is much lower than the lowest paid of E&I engineer; and now I am a manager but my salary is still lower than the lowest recommended paid of lead electrical engineer.

So, when my company said they have adjusted our paid based on the market rate, it's just bullshit!