Thursday, October 13, 2011

Jupiter

It has been sometime I observe the sky, partly because busy and the sky is very cloudy at night. Today, I saw a bright "star" next to the moon, and I know it's time for me to look at Jupiter. So, I took out my toy telescope and point to the brightest star that next to the moon and I saw this.


There are four moons for Jupiter, Callisto, Ganymede, Io and Europa, now Jupiter is in the middle of these moons, two at the left and two and the right. I checked with wiki, the moons are so beautiful, too bad I can only see a dot on my telescope.

From left, Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto.

For such a big planet, I can only see a bluish and brownish planet on my telescope, need a more powerful telescope soon ;) 


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I see a bright dot below the moon recently, so that is jupiter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya very near to the moon, and the "star" dont blink one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh okay then I;m quite sure I;m seeing the jupiter. Oh, my pretty boy! \(o^.^o)/

    ReplyDelete