Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine

Today is valentine, I know that, please not need remind me and please don't ask me what is my program.

Everyone that know me and my girl know that I'm not a romantic person. If you really want to know how not romantic am I, maybe I can described myself as "kayu".

First of all I want to apology to my girl that I didn't buy any gift or flowers for her. I hope she still happy when she see me. And for dinner, hmmm... can we discuss later?

About valentine, what is valentine in the eyes of a kayu engineer?

One word, commercial.

You see, because of this day, people selling flower with double or even triple of normal price. The dinner, gift, event promotion are also more expensive than normal price.

No offend that high demand create higher price. So, shopping on valentine is meaning spending more money for same material. Therefore, some people will celebrate valentine on valentine eve. Some may celebrate on the next day. So, my question is, what is the point that celebrating valentine when it is not celebrated on 14/2?

You can cheat yourself with lot of "valid" reason, but for me, "bro, you want me to spend few hundred meh? You think I print money one ah?".

I'm not say it is wrong to celebrate on eve, what I mean is that, isn't it too commercial?

For Chinese, there are few valentines. Anyone know that?

For month 1 day 15, which is also end of lunar new year, is a valentine. Did you purchase a flower for your love one or buy her candle light dinner?

On month 7 day 7, it is another valentine. Do you know that date?

Ok, you can bomb me or curse me for so not romantic and so kayu.





















If I can only show my love to you on valentine, I wish there are 365's 14th Feb. in a year.

6 comments:

  1. Condom is still same price, use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you think i will use it.
    my child maybe already 10 years old already.

    damn durex!!!!!!!!!!

    anyway, happy valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:54 PM

    Valentine, appreaciation to each couple, not only "flower/gift to girl".
    You can save the money.
    You can be not romantic.
    At the same time you may probably lost the woman you love or the relationship become not intimate.
    3 day / 365 days. Spent a simple dinner is not caused your money printing machine ink dried.

    Reflect yourself before she change condom brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bro, that is a good one.

    anyway, if a girl left you because you dont really care about the "date", then i got nothing to say.

    valentine is a day that let you express your love more easily. it is a bout timing and chance. just like you don't eat moon cake on other day except around month 8. but can you eat moon cake on january? can, why not. some people may think you are odd only.

    whatever is it, the main important message i want to say is love your gf / bf every second you have with her / him, not on valentine only.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:40 PM

    Ding,

    Valentine's day may no meaning to guys, however there is a big meaning to gals. I do not knw that whether is so important to you or not so important to you, wat I can say at here is that u absolutely dont have any sincere want to celebrate with ur gf and u r nt going to change forever since u r saying urself as the 'kayu'.

    2 person being together is not only depending on the destiny/faith but also depending on the both effort. U r expressed your feeling to us, but u never expressed it to ur gf then it may consider that u r nt honest to her (& even though she dont knw what did u feel).

    During working, some ppl r 'saying' that "we have our principle!!!" but indeed the action is not tally wat they said. And, I wonder that did it serve the purpose?

    Sometimes, we can hear some1 said "I want to resign" but think twice & deeply, 'resignation can solve the problem'? why cant we change our behavior or thinking? I never heard some1 want to change...

    I believe, if the person had no intention to change then watever they said cant be trusted at all. Same as the company, if the company had no honesty & intention to change then the company will not be changed forever as well. Physical reshuffling will make the company's operation getting worst.

    Anyhow, ur intention to make the Valentine's day is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:46 PM

    Your self centre thinking is perfect if u are a gay.

    ReplyDelete