Saturday, November 29, 2008

DSLR

Since last month, my colleague and I try to poison my wild house, Mr. Sam, to get a DSLR since he is only engineer in my office that have artistic sense. We even offer to pay for 10% of the camera price on top of all discount for a camera, anyhow the tactic did not success.

Well, from time to time we still browse through people's photo and discuss.

The first question is that, is a camera that make that photo look pretty and attractive? After do some searching, my answer is no. You can try to see this which is using Canon 5D and this which is taken using Canon 1D Mark III. The second one is surely is a rubbish, wasting time.

Ok, you may say the first one pretty cause got girl which maybe a model. Anyway, my point is without a skill and the tools (camera, lens) and the environment, a Mark III can't even beat my Lumix.

Now, second question, is lens important? The answer is yes, cause that the only way to let the camera to tell you how you (or it) see this world. I like Mr. Bokeh's photo, and he like his 55mm f1.2 lens very much. I think that lens really can let you focus on something. Anyway sometime he is over bokeh his photos. As compare to similar lens by this, for sure I like the first one although the second one is good also.

So my conclusion is, to take a photo, you need a camera; to take a nice and attractive photo, you need a camera (probably a SLR), a lens that can help you focus and emphasis the story that you want to record and tell people how you feel about the scene and the last which is most important, the skill. Without skill, these fantastic tools can't even beat Lumix FX7.

And, it is very personal taste when talking about art. Maybe a photo for you is just a normal photo but for someone else it maybe a good or a rubbish photo. Just like some people like hardrock and some just pissed with that kind of music.

Anyway, photo is the only tool that can stop the time for that moment. Take more picture and tell your grandchildren how is the world look like when you are young.

Footnote: I've end out poisoned myself this time :(

4 comments:

  1. i'm going to get 450D, just because it has Live View, thats all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i'm going to 450d too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the force is strong.... XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:15 PM

    toh! i thought u said u r satisfied with the lumix?

    i'm still waiting...

    pretty funny that those who want to poison get poisoned...hahaha

    ReplyDelete