Saturday, January 12, 2008

Have you found your dream job?

When I still in school time, I used to do part-time job when holiday. Most of the time, these part-time jobs are very short period, the longest part-time job is when waiting for SPM and STPM result, therefore there is nothing much joy working as a part-timer. Everyday we just go to the so called working place then waiting for lunch and then go home. Every month we check the saving account and there is some among of money that "appear" as a payment for our time. It is happy when people willing to buy our time, since time is not a very valuable item, as least at that time.

I still remember when I submitting my resignation letter, my superior asked me whether I'm happy working with the company. Like of most the people, part-time job is to get more pocket money, and we don't really care whether the job is suitable or the environment is suitable for us. The fact is that, we don't have much choice when we still wearing school uniform. Therefore, my standard answer is yes, whether is true or not, it really doesn’t matter.

Once we getting into working life, it's become different. We are searching for our dream job,

i. high paid
ii. high post
iii. low working load
iv. low responsibility
v. good company benefit
vi. comfort working environment

it is hard to get all these in a single company, therefore, some people choose to change job and wishing the next job is the last stop. But at the end, there will keep on changing job because "changing" job is the only dream job. Most of the people have very funny mind that other people's thing is always better than themselves. The simplest analogy with be why people's girl friend is always prettier than ours :).

Talk about myself, is this my dream job? Will it be the last stop? I have no confident on the answer "yes".

Then why I'm still here? This company is the not the best; it's also not the worst. However, the earth is turning everyday, therefore man will not stay in one place forever, time will come and I will leave someday.

Where is my last stop? When I can tell my children about my working story then I think that is the last stop. Until today, I still didn’t told my family about my working, and I think none of us can actually do it.

It’s New Year time, a good time to look for new environment and new hope. Hope you can get your dream job soon.

14 comments:

  1. i believe that there are no dream jobs, except maybe perhaps the 'male' crew for the video gang bang orgy of flight stewardess or models...i believe that they got a great job and getting high pay to have fun with pussies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Try being a high class gigolo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:44 PM

    mmm beggar is a relax job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:39 PM

    Paul Tan,
    It is my dream job to work 1 day a week. Can i? Please, please...

    If your wife can work in KJE one day a week, why can't i?

    I promise to 'pretent' to be very productive, work very fast, and walk very fast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:43 PM

    follow me to do project....

    It is easy job... i always be there to look after you guys...

    This offer until end of this month..

    Osama you are most welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:11 AM

    Peter,
    You are wrong, best is still not clearly under any department.

    Then all you need to do is talk loudly until boss also scared of you. That way you can do anything you want within the company.

    After that you need to 'psyco' all your fellow colleague till they listen to you and be your puppet -no matter how intelligent and highly educated they are. *hint* just use the 'brother' word more often!

    Then 'tell' everyone how busy you are but yet you can afford go for SEVERAL vacations within a months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:56 PM

    Those who are at least far away related to me can have a privileage go home early, come late, go back lunch, unlimited FAT visit, speak loud but please control yourself

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:03 PM

    My wife attend to office only on friday. But she work at home everyday doing paper work. She deserved to have salary near RM 3k.
    The policy is if you work for company, you deserved for the pay.

    She is very productive, walk very fast, work very fast, talk very short, and eye blink very fast.

    This shall be an example for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my opinion is that once we sign on the dotted line and accept the job offer, then we should concentrate only on our own job and not on what other people are getting or doing or whatever. if we are unhappy with the situation or the circumstances then by all means leave the company. my view is this: there is no 'perfect' company with perfect people. some people we like and we can work well with but some people we just can't get along no matter how hard we try. focus on the job at hand, on completing the job as best as you can. thats my 2 cents. no prejudice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow all my boss read my blog leh, dont know can ask for increment and more bonus or not. i'm very hardworking le. i dont play politic and i dont have subincome, i heart to this company. the best part is i work everyday 24x365.

    so boss, can consider to increase more abit my salary this year??? more bonus abit for me??? i really need some money to prepare for my wedding le. need to give angpao after married.

    no money, dare not marry. please help me :_( i want to get marry this year.

    and toh, hope can work with you again some day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:05 AM

    SK,
    You hardworking and contribution to company but you don't know how to influence people around you. You should take opportunity to learn from the person you go FAT, then you got change to go as often as him. Even I am scared of him and have to give face even after 'recent' events.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:13 PM

    Yake!

    I heard that you play games in P1

    How can you ask me to increase your salary this year.

    mmmm 24x365 work?

    Anyway, when you plan to have your wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope to work 1 day with YOU too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Dear Toh,

    I agreed with your idea that there is no dream job...the scenarios that you just describe is what every living man dream of... :P

    Dear Mr.Ding,

    I learn a lot from you and I have always respected you for being such a sohai engineer...Nonetheless...U have my respect as a person to another person...

    My idea of a dream job...
    I don really know what's the definition to that....when I started to move from the other side of Malaysia to come all the way here...
    Honestly, I really dont know whether I make the correct decision...

    Before I came, I thought of coming out and try to live on my own and fend for myself for a few years and see how far I can go.

    After I came, I thought to myself what the hell I am doing here so far away from my home...Nonetheless, since I am here...I try my best to do whatever I can do and make the best out of everyday...I really do considered myself as one of the luckiest in the company to work under my manager...HE definitely have my respect...Sometimes when I think of it...The work I am doing now is nothing compared to the tons of work that he is handling...

    As for the question whether I found my dream job...I would say NO...

    Get married soon and I will give you a BIG ANGPOW...with one stack of SUPER TOTO inside...HAHAHAHA...

    CHEERS.....

    ReplyDelete