Wednesday, June 16, 2010

端五节快乐


I don't know how to call this date in English, some say is dragon boat festival, and some say is double fifth festival.

In Chinese we call this day as 端五节, 端 is taken from the word 开端, which mean beginning, and 五 mean five. So, from the words it mean the festival that fall on the fifth day. Ya, we celebrate it on the fifth day of the fifth month of the year, that why some also called it double fifth festival.

So far I didn't have chance to see the dragon boat race, but something that I will never miss or never want to miss is the 粽子. You can called it dumpling if you want. I don't like those selling in the market, the home make is still the best. I miss those days that my grandmom cook this for us, I never able to find that taste again.

Ok, when you remember when is valentine, I hope you will also remember that today is a very important festival also.

4 comments:

  1. ding, you not good la... got should send some to me try mah :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice... nasib i got to eat during my last trip back :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. voon, i only got 2. lucky my wife left for me.

    eddy, lucky u. pity those buggers at abu dhabi and bahrain, sure they miss this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah...looks nice...i called it chinese dumpling festival...

    ReplyDelete